Wednesday 23 January 2013

'Family History - A Journey', Talk on 26 Feb

Just to let you know - I'm giving a talk in Melbourne on Tuesday 26 February, to mark the opening of the Glen Eira Library's new Family History Centre in March.

My topic? The allure and excitement of 'the chase', and the personal journey travelled by family history researchers as they try to understand their forebears and develop a coherent story about them.

(By the way, the library's promotional 'blurb' refers to my former role as a 'finance writer'. I hasten to add that it formed a very minor part of my career in the international banking sector, but at the time I did quite enjoy explaining obscure topics such as the euromarket to the general public.)

Hope to see you on 26 Feb.
Where? Glen Eira Town Hall — Theatrette, cnr Glen Eira & Hawthorn Rds, Caulfield, VIC
What time? At 2pm, for an hour.
Bookings? No charge, but bookings are required. Please email the booking form published on the library's website, or contact the library on 9524 2623

No comments:

Post a Comment